Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara (Waterproof)

I have been using this Mascara everyday for the past week to test it out. I was at my local Shoppers Drugmart the other day and saw this mascara. I bought it without reading any reviews. I basically bought it based on what it claimed on the packaging.

What it claims:

-   Maybelline's first Gel-Mousse formula: Contains 40% less hard waxes for massive yet supple lashes, never stiff, never brittle.

-   Patented Flexor Brush gently coats every lash with supple volume

-   Ophthalmologist tested, Contact lens safe.


I bought the waterproof one and went for the more natural Brownish Black colour.


Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara



The brush is very flexible

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara

The brush head is actually pretty big
Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara


I spend $7.99 on this mascara, regular price was 9.99, I actually didn't think much when I purchased this. But to my surprise, I really really like this mascara.  

Unlike other waterproof mascaras I have used. My lashes does not feel stiff . It still doesn't feel like your bare lashes, but it feels a lot softer and lighter.

This mascara is definitely on the natural looking side, which is perfect for those no makeup makeup look. It separates the lashes really well while giving it slight volume and length. But do keep in mind that I purchased the brownish black colour. I think black colour might give a more dramatic effect. 

I love how well this mascara holds my curls, and even after many coats, my lashes are not weight down. 

So lets show the pictures

This is my eye with brown shadow as liner and eyelashes curled


This is after 1 coat of the mascara, as you can see, my lashes did not fall back to straight and it is more defined. It looks very natural

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara one coat

This is after 3 coats of mascara.. and I decided to put some on my lower lashes too. Initially I thought it would be really hard to apply the mascara on my lower lashes because the brush head it pretty big. But it is actually really easy and it looks very natural and YAY!! I finally have lower lashes! 

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara three coats
                               
My lower lases are actually not too bad, but they are really fine and light, so it's not really noticeable 


One problem I have with waterproof mascara is that it flakes and when the little flakes gets in my eye, especially when i'm wearing contact lenses, it is very very uncomfortable. However, this mascara does not do that. It doesn't really flake and I never had a problem with it when I'm wearing contact lenses. 

Now for the Smudge test, if you read my previous mascara reviews, I mentioned that I have very greasy eyelids because I have.. I think they call it hooded (?) lids. Basically my crease is like right at my lash line... so everything smudges.. I always carry Q-tips with me to clean it up throughout the day. 

After wearing this mascara for a whole day, it only smudged a little bit, I think it's also because I put it on the lower lashes too. But it's not too bad. 

I think I'm going to buy blackest black colour, if they have it to see if it will be any different.


One thing I forgot to mention, the brush might need a little time getting used to, because it is not a stiff brush, so you cant really tell it you are putting mascara on or not, it is very flexible I feel like it adds on mascara little by little. I'm so used to the usual stiff brushes where I can feel it combing through my lashes. You can't really feel that with this mascara

 Overall, I really do love this mascara. It is good for everyday use, it looks very natural and it does not clump and minimum smudging for me.

~Mishie~

No comments:

Post a Comment