Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Benefit's ''they're real'' mascara REVIEW

I received the generous sample size of the Mascara from Topbox last time and I was really excited to try it out because  I read a lot of good reviews about it. 

Benefit's ''they're real'' mascara


 So here is how it looks, the sample I got was 0.1oz. The full size is 0.3oz and it retails for $29 CND in Sephora.
Benefit's ''they're real'' mascara
And this is how the brush looks like, is is those rubber bristles which I love, and I really do love the brush head because the front of it has the spherical shape which reminds me of the Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara brush and it really helps to coat those little smaller lashes with mascara





Benefit's ''they're real'' mascara




 So here are the things the Mascara claims to do, and according to a lot of the reviews I read, it seems to hold true.













BUT it didn't really work for me


My lashes are really weird to begin with, they are not so short but they are very straight, So the MAIN  thing I look for in a mascara is its ability to hold my curl.  And I usually use waterproof ones because they can hold the curl. And also because I have monolids, thats also the reason why my lashes are more straight.. I think.

So this is how my lashes looks like without anything... ( these pictures is starting to look creepy... just one eye and all....... sorry =S)   Oh and please ignore my bloodshot eye because I was wearing my contacts for 9hrs.







And this is how my lashes looks when they are curled.. they are not too short.. but they  fine and hard to see =(






This is after one coat of the mascara, as you can see, my curl is almost gone, it did give me more volume, it made my lashes more noticeable,  but if I had eyeliner on.. it would just blend in with the eyeliner.







This is after 2 coats... and my curls are about 90% gone.









The ONLY thing I liked about the mascara was the brush head, it helps to separate and define the lashes.

What I didn't like about the mascara: It SMUDGED!!  this is another reason why I only wear waterproof mascara, because i have oily eyelids and slot of mascaras smudges on me and I look like a raccoon panda by the end of the day.

So based on the claims they have on the package

-94% saw dramatic length and volume  
        Nope.. Maybelline falsies gave me more volume and length... I guess I am the other 6%

-90% saw base-to-tip curl 
       Nope.. my eyelashes went back to straight after 2 coats

-94% saw visible lift 
       Nope.. it did not give my lashes the push up bra effect 

-100% saw long-wearing results
      Nope... It smudged on me like crazy.. 

 I was happy that Topbox sent me this because I was thinking of buying it actually, so saved me some money

Hope this review was helpful, but please keep in mind that mascara works differently on everyone, just because it did not work for me, it doesn't mean it's not going to work for you.

If you have similar eyelashes as me. I would say that it will probably not going to work on you

~Mishie~

No comments:

Post a Comment